1. If there is a CONFIRMED case in our dance academy class bubble, we must close down this class bubble and isolate. This goes for ALL students within this class bubble AND the teacher. In this case classes will immediately switch to zoom.
2. If your child is sent home from school because there is a confirmed case in their school bubble and told they must isolate for 10-14 days they CANNOT come to our classes during this time, even if they have no symptoms.
3. If one of our student’s siblings / household member is isolating under the advice of Track and Trace or their school, and remains well with no symptoms, the student IS allowed to attend our classes.
4. If someone in your household (NOT one of our students directly) has a POSITIVE test but our student remains symptomless we do NOT need to close down our dance class bubble. This is because ourselves and the other students are SECONDARY contacts. The student in question however, will have to isolate with their household and NOT attend classes with us.
5. If a student attending our class has SYMPTOMS but no positive test, we can keep our class running until we know the results of the test. Obviously, the student with symptoms cannot attend while awaiting test results.
6. If someone in the household with one of our students has SYMPTOMS, we ask for you to isolate and NOT ATTEND our classes until you know the outcome of the test.
7. To explain our teacher / class set up’s in case of a positive result at our academy:
Bubble A is taught by Teacher A. If one student in bubble A tests positive for COVID19, that student, bubble A and teacher A have to isolate and our classes will switch to zoom.
Teacher A also taught bubble B & bubble C etc … These bubbles are counted as ‘SECONDARY’ contacts and do NOT have to isolate. Obviously a replacement teacher will teach the lessons whilst Teacher A isolates, or, if this is not possible classes will switch to Zoom.
8. Finally- DO NOT attend our classes if our student or their household have travelled outside of the UK within the last 14 days to countries not included in the ‘safe to travel’ corridors list as currently dictated by the UK government.
9. A reminder of CORONA virus symptoms:
-A high temperature
– A new, continuous cough
– The loss or change of sense of taste or smell
Yes- Orpington Village Halls has measured out and placed markers on the studio floors to show the students their designated spots. It is very clear and should be simple to follow. When performing corner work, and larger jump sequences, we are fortunate that the studios are very large and will easily allow for social distancing around the edge of the studio which the teacher will verbally manage for these particular sequences (please note, these type of dances only apply to our senior classes who are of an easier age to understand). Otherwise, the classes will be taught in socially distanced squares.
Please come already dressed for your classes and bring minimal additional items. Your belongings will be placed at the side of the studio next to your designated area.
* Please note, we cannot keep hold of any lost property
We ask that all senior school students do wear a mask when entering, walking to the studio and exiting the building. Once they are in the studio in their designated area, the mask can be removed and placed with their belongings until the end of class.
If younger students also wish to wear masks of course they can and if anyone chooses to wear a mask throughout their class then this is also absolutely fine.
Yes, these will be open but will be on a one in one out use to allow for social distancing and cleaning
As always, we will be taking a register at the start of each class and will have your details in our system from your online registration to our classes, so we can easily contact you and if needs pass this information on to track and trace.
Yes we have and we are satisfied that it meet requirements. A link to it can be found at the bottom of our website.
We will contact the parent / guardian immediately to ensure they can be collected ASAP, and they will be asked to wait in the small carpeted room at the end of the corridor (where we often do the hair for the ballet exams) to remove them from the class.
We will simply switch over to Zoom following the exact same timetable to ensure continuity of our classes.
Yes- we are intending to have the lap top running, facing the teacher at all times, allowing students to partake from home on zoom if they wish. You will still need to register for the class and then please let Miss Georgina know directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) if this is your intention. We will only set up zoom meetings for classes where particular students have chosen this route.
You must however understand that the teacher will be unable to offer direct corrections and feedback to our online students as she will need to be managing the children in front of her.
Once you have signed up, you will receive your term invoice. You will have 2 weeks to complete payment for this unless any other payment method has been agreed with you and the principal. The academy has taken a huge hit during COVID and we are struggling to continue. We ask for your support in prompt payment in order for us to continue to run our classes.